New Member (sort of)

Ok I admit I too have been a lurking here for I think 5 years. I live in NW Oregon and there's lots of hunting and fishing. however I have started late and either my friends that hunt already have a group or have quit hunting all together. I am not rich and it would take me a year to save up for a guided hunt. I had thought it would have been easier to find a hunting buddy that would take on a rookie.
Still looking.

Yeah, good thing I have a friend who posted on social media that he had gone buffalo hunting...from there it went crazy and he helped me get all setup. I still have some things I need to buy, but I am getting things sold so that I can buy some more stuff. Expensive hobby. I also don't have loads of cash lying around. So glad I finally got someone to go with me. If I lived up there, I would be happy to tag along with you. I went salmon fishing at Buoy 10 in Astoria with a friend. It was a total blast! I would love to go back. Guided hunts are way out of my league, although I dream of doing one sometime. I did go to Alaska for my 40th and did some salmon fishing and we went out one day for halibut. It was a great time. Hoping I can make it back sometime. We paid for the charter for halibut. Cloudy and rough day didn't work so well for seasickness. HA HA HA. 3 out of 5 barfed. I was close, but didn't.

Welcome from central AZ, west valley area. The 280AI is also going with me on my Kaibab hunt, along with the 7RM. Both are using a Hammer Hunter 143 since it is a copper only (encouraged) unit here. I'll play!
Sweet! I am definitely going to be looking into the Hammers. Good luck out there! I will be playing in Colorado this year and then whitetail in southern Arizona just after Thanksgiving...day after. Wife isn't too happy with me, but it's all good. 🤣 Actually, she is fine as I cleared it months ago. Whew!

"Loving it so far. Longest shot was 660 yards...it was my son."
Normally I try to be amongst the first to welcome a new member....but not so sure about a fella who'd shoot his own son!
Oh well I know how mad my kids have made me over the years....welcome from Alberta!
Oh man. I need to still work on my sentence structure! 😂 Too funny. Thanks for the laugh this morning. He took the longest shot so far and got an elk at 660 yards. Even though he has made me mad a few times. I didn't shoot him…
Thanks for the fun welcome!