New Member (sort of)

hoskier

I am a relatively new member on here. I have been lurking for a while, but realized I haven't been posting on here. Gilbert, Arizona based hunter who grew up in Utah hunting deer in Southern Utah. Getting out and getting in more hunts now. I just started elk hunting and have gotten 2 (2 years ago was first and got another one last year), my son got his first last year. Got my first bear this year. Whitetail deer hunt in southern Arizona later this year. I have a good friend who is very active on here and does a lot of long range shooting. He suggested I should get myself more involved on here. I have some things that I will be selling shortly as well. I am shooting a Savage .280 Ackley Improved with a Boyd's custom stock and a Burris XTR III 3.3-18x50mm - SCR 2 MIL scope. Loving it so far. Longest shot was 660 yards...it was my son.

I am a relatively new member on here. I have been lurking for a while, but realized I haven't been posting on here. Gilbert, Arizona based hunter who grew up in Utah hunting deer in Southern Utah. Getting out and getting in more hunts now. I just started elk hunting and have gotten 2 (2 years ago was first and got another one last year), my son got his first last year. Got my first bear this year. Whitetail deer hunt in southern Arizona later this year. I have a good friend who is very active on here and does a lot of long range shooting. He suggested I should get myself more involved on here. I have some things that I will be selling shortly as well. I am shooting a Savage .280 Ackley Improved with a Boyd's custom stock and a Burris XTR III 3.3-18x50mm - SCR 2 MIL scope. Loving it so far. Longest shot was 660 yards...it was my son.
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee

Welcome from western Pa. Nice choice with the 280 AI. Which bullet did you use for the elk? I'm partial to the 160 accubond from mine.
I have been using the Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 168 grain. Dropped 2 elk with it and got a bear this year. My son used it for the first time last year...I already got mine so I let him use my rifle. He got the bigger elk. But I was sure happy for him. I am going to be looking into the 160 accubond. My profile picture is the 280 AI that I fell in love with and decided to keep. I am learning so much (like drinking water from a fire hydrant on here). Looking forward to learning from the pros. I have the 26 Nosler X-bolt up for sale. I know I need to get more well known on here. But my buddy is very well known on here. I just didn't want to keep asking him to help me so I made my own profile last year and finally got around to posting! Been reading tons on here though.