New member long time vistor from Georgia

seminole11

Hey guys I am building a custom rifle out of a Savage model 10 short action. I am wanting to be able to shoot 1000 yards and am thinking about buying a 7-08 Shilen barrel with either a 9 twist or maybe 8 twist but I am not sure. I want to shoot the heavier match grade bullets @ steel targets. I am concerned that the 1-8 twist might not shoot the lighter weight bullets if I ever decide to shoot prarie dogs with varmint bullets. What do you guys think. Also I have read alot about Vortex scopes and they sound like a good value but I noticed the viper doesn't have target knobs on them and I was wondering if anyone knew of some cap less knobs that would fit the viper scopes. Thanks for any info. gun)

Welcome, glad to have you here. lots of good info and lots of good folks. Not to familar with the 7-08 so best to let others with more knowledge comment. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.