New Member Las Vegas

RobStar

Howdy,

My name is Robert and I seemed to keep coming back to this forum for all the great information so I signed up.

I grew up hunting whitetail and birds in the Southeast US but haven't hunted in 30 years. Now I live in Vegas and the hunting bug has bitten again.

Hunting out West is a whole new world so I'm here to learn and contribute where I can.

My real job is a stunt cameraman and Steadicam operator for film and television and I also work as a professional motorcycle pilot and referee for the major pro bike (cycling) races and marathons.

We have a great range about two miles from my house with several 300-400 yard ranges and at least one that stretches out to 650 yards. I plan to do a lot of practice there between now and the season just to get comfortable at 300 yards which for you guys is nothing but I have to start someplace for this first season.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

im getting back into shooting/hunting as well. I got dishearted after thieves cleaned me out in 85. after I introduced my wife to the sport as it saved a fight with selling re-loading equipment in yard sales I created a monster. she took my 25-06 for herself. anyway there are soo many people on here that have a lot of valuable info joining was a must. don't think I qualify for long range though as 300 yds is my max on deer so far.

The range is Desert Sportsman Rifle and Pistol Club (DSRPC) in Las Vegas located on Hwy 159 / Charleston Blvd toward Red Rocks just a mile out of town. The membership fee is very affordable ($200 year and less if you are 60 or older) plus you have to take a two hour range orientation.

Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol Club

There's a very active long range shooting group out there as well as competitions put on by locals on the Nevada Shooters forum.

I know there's a 650 yard range and multiple 400 yard ranges. I believe there was or still is a 1000 yard berm but it is closed. Don't quote me but I know it's not open anymore. My assumption is 650 yard is child's play for the experienced shooters here but until I get there it's a long distance.

RobStar

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts