New member from south Sweden

tobbe

Hi.
Just joined before the holidays.
Been hunting on and off since -94.
Had a rest for 10 yrs and got back into hunting 4-5 yrs ago.
During the last year i have developed an interest for long range shooting and hunting.
Started to hand load some 6 month ago and of course this takes you further into the subjects of long range.
I have a 30-06 with barrel change system and an extra 9,3x62 barrel.
Been shooting 185 berger vld with the 30-06.
Went on a long range introduction course in October last year which really turned on the interest.
Hitting a 40 x 40 cm steel plate at 600 meters on the first attempt was a nice experience. Probably beginners luck, still a good feeling.

So now I have decided to go down the route of 30 cal in 300WSM in a long action to enable me to load the long 215 and 230 Berger hybrids.
This Rifle will also be with a barrale change system, so the second barrel will be 6,5x55 SE, very good for training, cheap terget ammo from Norma is available to enable good training and practice . Both barrels ar 26" and will be threaded for surpressor.
System to be fitted in a Norweigean GRS stock.
Therefore I am very interested in feedback and information regarding load for the 300WSM and facts regarding COL, in short , the more info the better it is.

Thanks
Tobbe

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.