New Long Ramge Targets

Frank7mm

I just picked up my new target from a friend and I love them. They are 12"x12" and are made from AR plate. I paid $75 each and was wondering if that is a fair price? He has more for sale if anyone close is interested (shipping would be a killer). He makes these in his spare time. I am going to talk to him and see if he would like to sell some here (if that would be OK?). Below are some pics. The legs are hardened drill steels so the only weak spot is the chain and pipe the legs slide in.

Attachments

• LRT1.jpg
    LRT1.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 50
  • LRT2.jpg
    LRT2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 51
  • LRT3.jpg
    LRT3.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 79
That's not a terrible price by it is on the high side; does that $75 include shipping? The 12x 12x 3/8" AR500 I buy from JC Steel runs $42.50 ea plus $12 or $15 IIRC shipped in a flat rate box. Interesting idea on the stand, sure makes it portable.

This is what I use:

Target Hanger.jpg

This bracket allows me to simply drive a steel fence post in the ground & hang the target from it. VERY quck & no chains, wires etc to "accidentally" shoot (i'm that kind of lucky).

Just another way to skin a cat, if you're happy roll with it.

t

That's not a terrible price by it is on the high side; does that $75 include shipping? The 12x 12x 3/8" AR500 I buy from JC Steel runs $42.50 ea plus $12 or $15 IIRC shipped in a flat rate box. Interesting idea on the stand, sure makes it portable.

This is what I use:

View attachment 35049

This bracket allows me to simply drive a steel fence post in the ground & hang the target from it. VERY quck & no chains, wires etc to "accidentally" shoot (i'm that kind of lucky).

Just another way to skin a cat, if you're happy roll with it.

t

I like this idea! How deep are you putting your post in? I assume it can handle multiple calibers? Where can one get the bracket?

I like this idea! How deep are you putting your post in? I assume it can handle multiple calibers? Where can one get the bracket?

Just to the point where the spade is burried, it doesn't take much. It has handled everything i've thrown at it, I have 4 right now from 300-600. I build my own brackets but the picture came from JC:

Purchase

T-POST Brackets:
Our custom made T-Post Brackets are completely made here at Jubilee Youth Ranch by the at-risk youth on campus. These brackets have been extensively tested by thousands of rounds during matches and hold up very well. They are light, compact, and very simple to use. As Always, the proceeds from the sales go to Jubilee Youth Ranch.
-6 inch T-Post Bracket-$18—-6×6, 8″ Round, 45%, 40%
-7.5 inch T-Post Bracket-$19—-8×8, 10″ Round
-9 inch T-Post Bracket-$21—-66% IPSC, 12″ Round
-12 inch T-Post Bracket-$22.50—-12×12, 12×24, 100% IPSC, Mini Coyote,

About halfway down the page. If you're not familiar with JC Steel, Jake is top notch & the youth ranch is a great cause to support.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.