New Leupold rangefinders

Aussie

Haven't seen a post anywhere to indicate whether they are any good or how they compare with other known brands . Comments anyone ?

are you saying that thir new ones suck?
I've been looking at the lieca geovids(got to use a pair last year on my elk hunt, liked em, but heavy), the new swaro unit, and the new bushnell 1500. opinions on those? I hate bushnell stuff, but have been hearing great things about that rangefinder.
not trying to highjack this thread, just trying to throw out some more options if the leupolds are no good.

No, I'm not saying they suck. I'm just saying they haven't shipped any. We have all of the models on order but have only received the cheap one. They are running a little behind right now.

What is your opinion of the cheaper one? Also, has anybody tried the Bushnell Elite 1500 with A.R.C.?

I haven't even opened the cheaper one. Personally, I don't have much use for a range finder unless it will give me at least 1000 yds.

Thanks Bill . Must be the most highly publicised bit of gear unavailable ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Leupold RX IV is expected to be out late April/ early May of this year. This information came directly from Leupold on 3/8. I am awaiting the arrival of the RX IV. It will meet my needs perfectly.

JD338

Are there any opinions on the new RX-IV, What is the best one on the market right now? Thanks.

I have sampled a few of them, including the RX-4. Dont waste your time, buy a swaro rangefinder and dont look back. Leup should just stick to scopes, they know how to do that good.

If you decide you want a swaro email me or Bill Bailey, we have several in stock, they are definantly the best in the business

steve

I wished my friend woulda talked to me first before buying his rangefinder. He got a Leupold RX3 I believe. It wont range anything farther then 550 yards or so, and it took forever to do that. I told him to send it back and get the leica or nikon 1200. Either one of those would more then double the pure ranging capability of that Leupold. I told him how a couple guys on here reviewed them and how they weren't very good. He didn't really believe me so I let him read GoodGroupers review on it, that changed his mind real quick. He was mad at the end from reading it. This was before he even tried it out. The next day he calls me and says "man this thing sucks." They aren't very good units in my opinion. I'm with Lerch, Leupold should just stick to scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.