New Hunting Rifle - Please give advice

I wouldnt be opposed to getting a used rig from here. Normally sell for the price of parts not including all the GS fees. Or build one with a rem700 action.

Well, I'm not a LR hunter, but the 300WM CA Mesa I recently bought is one sweet rifle. So far, I have been able to find a sub moa load for every bullet I've tried in it. Granted, nothing heavier than the 200 Nosler partition but how is .43" for 3 shots (R23 load)? :)

I like it so much, I am going to get another one in 6.5 Creedmoor for my walking varminter/deer rifle.

I'd consider all but the Howa out of the ones you listed, and definitely look into the CA ridgeline and fierce mentioned. IMO the ridgeline is tough to beat for the price, and everyone of them I've shot has been excellent. The fierce and seekins rifles I've shot have also been tack drivers. The fast twist on those long Range browning x-bolts are excellent for stabilizing a heavy LR bullet (215 Berger hybrid) though.
I own a Christian Ridgeline in a 6.5 PRC. I'm very satisfied with the rifle and the way it shoots. I have no south the rifle will shoot much better than I can shoot it, but out to 575 yards, with a 140 grain Berger hunting bullet, it killed a large cow elk two weeks ago. I don't think you can beat the quality or the price. I like the carbon fiber barrel, the light weight and the great balance. Mine has a brake and virtually no recoil. Good luck with your choice.

If going above 2k why not Proof Research Elevation. But at price winner is seeking with their no fault warranty.

I have a ridgeline in 300 win mag and am looking at ordering a seekins very soon. One of these two rifles would be my choice. There are many great brands out there. I think it comes down to personal preference. Go shoot a cheaper rifle like a savage or a Mauser m18 and then shoot a ridgeline or a seekins and you will know where that extra money went. I'm not saying that the savage won't shoot as good, just that you get a better fit and finish with I higher end rifle

Right now I'm getting 2850 to 2870 fps. Fits in the magazine with room to spare.
And if you seat that bullet with the boat tail In the shoulder neck junction of the case, there's another node above the 2850fps one ur at. I have a 300wby too with a magazine limit of 3.63". Make single loads that are longer and ur able to stuff more slow burning powder like 7977 or something and you'll see what a 300wby can really do

Only 1 thing I don't like is 1-10 twist in 300PRC it's way to slow for heavy hight BC bullets. I think CA has better option for 300PRC with 1-8 twist

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.