New Howa heavy 6.5 creedmoor

bigdaddyWSM

So I was doing my usual weekly gun shop browsing & they got in a new Howa heavy 24" barrel in 6.5 creedmoor. was a camo stock & FDE action/barrel I checked it out & the action & trigger felt so smooth so I bought it, $ 750 out the door.

I was thinking the camo stock should be replaced with a bell & Carlson target stock & a nice scope.

Anyone own a 6.5 in a Howa action or any issues on accuracy?

I've owned a few Howa's, they all shot MOA or better with hand loads right out of the box. I bet it will shoot good

I bought a Smith and Wesson 1500 ( Made by Howa ) in the early 80s in 7mm mag.
It shot moa with factory ammo and a cheap scope. I sold it a few years ago, and wish I had it back.

I am sure you will be pleased with yours.

I almost pulled the trigger on one of those from buds a couple days ago. Let us know how it does
I will, putting it in a Bell & Carlson target stock first, shoot some factory 129-140 hornady loads for brass then reload. kinda a father son project. I said lets start cheap & build on it and see how it does.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.