New here

Garett

hey guys, new here although I've been reading posts for the last few years. I'm getting more and more in to long range and the time has come to add a mag to my 6.5x284 the question I have is what size mag do I need? I tried a search here but anything with 6.5 in it comes up with 90% 6.5 creedmore posts. Just wanting to buy the correct mag when time comes. Thanks for any and all input guys!!

hey guys, new here although I've been reading posts for the last few years. I'm getting more and more in to long range and the time has come to add a mag to my 6.5x284 the question I have is what size mag do I need? I tried a search here but anything with 6.5 in it comes up with 90% 6.5 creedmore posts. Just wanting to buy the correct mag when time comes. Thanks for any and all input guys!!
Welcome to LRH, Garret. Just watched a really neat video by tiborasaurusrex, long range shooting 101, or maybe sniper 101. Cartridge selection. Pretty cool the way he walks thru all the choices. Are you emotionally invested in any particular cal/cartridge? If not , definitely check this video out. Even if you are, it looks like a pretty neat tool !
Gregg

Welcome to the club!

If you know your OAL cartridge length I would contact a smaller company like Wyatt's or Seekins so that you know your dealing with a knowledgeable sales person and tell them what your looking to do to what gun and cartridge and they will straighten you out.

Welcome to LRH, Garret. Just watched a really neat video by tiborasaurusrex, long range shooting 101, or maybe sniper 101. Cartridge selection. Pretty cool the way he walks thru all the choices. Are you emotionally invested in any particular cal/cartridge? If not , definitely check this video out. Even if you are, it looks like a pretty neat tool !
Gregg
Oh brother. A MAGazine, not a MAGnum. Sorry, I got magnums on the brain, an affliction from birth! Welcome anyway.
Gregg

Oh brother. A MAGazine, not a MAGnum. Sorry, I got magnums on the brain, an affliction from birth! Welcome anyway.
Gregg
Hey no worries I actually went with the magpul and inletted it today seems to work good on the bench we will see how it does on the field

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts