New here- Have a sling question

Bmorgan

Hi all,

I have used a 1907 Military sling on my rifles for years, but recently came across a sling called the Pronghorn.

It's got an integrated arm loop and looks pretty good.

Just wondering if anyone has seen or has one and what your thoughts are?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have used a 1907 Military sling on my rifles for years, but recently came across a sling called the Pronghorn.

It's got an integrated arm loop and looks pretty good.

Just wondering if anyone has seen or has one and what your thoughts are?

Thanks
I've tried about everything but have ended up pretty well stuck on the Butlewr Creek V Grip slings. They are extremely comfortable with heavy rigs in particular and I mount QD attachments on the side of my rifles for more comfortable carry and more practical use of the sling when shooting.

Thanks guys,

Have seen these slings, but am really looking for one that has an arm loop support that is quicker than the 1907 that can be employed in hunting situations, not target shooting.

That's why I was interested in any experience or opinions with the Pronghorn. It looks to be faster than the 1907 and well built.

Thanks

Thanks guys,

Have seen these slings, but am really looking for one that has an arm loop support that is quicker than the 1907 that can be employed in hunting situations, not target shooting.

That's why I was interested in any experience or opinions with the Pronghorn. It looks to be faster than the 1907 and well built.

Thanks
Did you watch the video on the Ultraflex?
http://www.bigbearhunt.com/SloganOutdoors/webaltraflex.wmv

Yes I did and I've actually used one. while those slings hold the gun securely in the carry position, I have 2 problems with them as a shooting sling-

1. The elasticity of the rubber allows for more movement when in the shooting position than does a well adjusted leather sling, IME.

2. The 1 piece design runs across your chest, creating an unwanted tension point. There is tension the entire length of the sling vs. a 1907 (with the carry strap detached from the stock) or the Pronghorn design (in which the bottom strap can transverse the arm loop and doesn't contact the shooters mid section)

On shooting slings, I prefer 1 point of tension between the foream of the rifle and the back of my arm only. I don't like competing tension points.

I appreciate the tips, but was hoping someone had used the Pronghorn and could tell me what their thoughts were.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.