New Guy has question

pilotman02

Hi im from southern Illinios and i am looking to get into long rang shooting. can any one help me get started? IE where there might be compitions?

Thanks

Well thank you for the kind welcom and list. i have a couple more questions if you dont mind me asking. I too am shooting a 7mm. I own a 770 Remington 7mm. is this a good rifle for what i want to do as far as long rang shooting? second i saw you used a wild cat round do i eed to swich? and last i want to learn everything i need to do inorder to enter a compition, where do i start?

thanks for your anwser
ST

I would say that your 7 would get you started. I know a lot of people that are into the competitive scene recommend that people go to some shoots and talk to the guys there. Get a feel for what they use, what goes on and what you might need. I'm sure that you will find almost all of the guys will be friendly and willing to help and share information to get you started.

I wouldn't worry about spending a lot of money on a wildcat or custom gun right now. You don't really know what you are going to get into or what you'll need. Check them out, see what everyone else shoots, talk to the guys and go from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.