New Guy from Oregon

pnw_recce

Howdy!

Grew up hunting blacktail and Rosies, swatting ducks/geese and fishing heavily here in the thickery of the North Coast Range and did some long range precision shooting in the service. I spend time on some other forums (NWfirearms and Snipershide) but looking to expand my pool of knowledge and engage in dialogue more exclusively with other Hunter outdoor folk who aren't afraid to walk "just one more hill" ;-) *no offense to folks who always seem to find the critters that get yarded out within pull tape distance from the truck*

With two young kids at home, I have a strong desire to teach them and their peers outdoor skills, self-reliance and provide memories/opportunity that resonate with for a lifetime- just like my Dad and all his hunting buddies did for me. The dial has slowly begun to turn from "me" enjoying 30+ years of time out in the woods and mountains to seeing my kids get excited about hunting season-- my 3 year old hooting and hollering in the duck blind, sitting on the salmon/crab boat, and helping on a doe and buck two-fer "leisure packout" and processing this year has me even more excited and hopeful of what's to come with a new generation.

Howdy!

Grew up hunting blacktail and Rosies, swatting ducks/geese and fishing heavily here in the thickery of the North Coast Range and did some long range precision shooting in the service. I spend time on some other forums (NWfirearms and Snipershide) but looking to expand my pool of knowledge and engage in dialogue more exclusively with other Hunter outdoor folk who aren't afraid to walk "just one more hill" ;-) *no offense to folks who always seem to find the critters that get yarded out within pull tape distance from the truck*

With two young kids at home, I have a strong desire to teach them and their peers outdoor skills, self-reliance and provide memories/opportunity that resonate with for a lifetime- just like my Dad and all his hunting buddies did for me. The dial has slowly begun to turn from "me" enjoying 30+ years of time out in the woods and mountains to seeing my kids get excited about hunting season-- my 3 year old hooting and hollering in the duck blind, sitting on the salmon/crab boat, and helping on a doe and buck two-fer "leisure packout" and processing this year has me even more excited and hopeful of what's to come with a new generation.
Welcome to the LRH Forum from GA.
That is just GREAT that you are getting you children into hunting and fishing. Some of my best memories were with my dad shooting. hunting, and fishing!
This is the BEST Forum on LR Hunting, Reloading and GS for information and discussion.
The most important part of this Forum are the people!!! A lot of GREAT members and a wealth of information. Can't meet a better bunch of Gals and Guys!!!!
We look forward to your participation and sharing your knowledge with the group.

If we can help in any way let us Gals and Guys know.
Len & Jill

Welcome to the LRH Forum from GA.
That is just GREAT that you are getting you children into hunting and fishing. Some of my best memories were with my dad shooting. hunting, and fishing!
This is the BEST Forum on LR Hunting, Reloading and GS for information and discussion.
The most important part of this Forum are the people!!! A lot of GREAT members and a wealth of information. Can't meet a better bunch of Gals and Guys!!!!
We look forward to your participation and sharing your knowledge with the group.

If we can help in any way let us Gals and Guys know.
Len & Jill

They really are the best memories aren't they? My Dad is very close, hopefully this year or next, to drawing one of Oregon's Big 3 for elk out east after an eternity of point savers, and sadly due to age/health will likely be one of the last big hurrah's. I'm determined to find him "the one".

Nothing like being so close to the Rosies you can smell em... Welcome!
Oh man… nothing like it! I love the thick and steep terrain here in our temperate rain forests. You can be 20-30 yards away from critters and you wouldn't even know it, always seems to add to my excitement and keep the edge up and on point.

Oh man… nothing like it! I love the thick and steep terrain here in our temperate rain forests. You can be 20-30 yards away from critters and you wouldn't even know it, always seems to add to my excitement and keep the edge up and on point.
You must be over there in the west side. It's been 15 years since I hunted over there. Welcome from Eastern Oregon.