New guy from MT intro.

I've been poking around this site for awhile. There's some really good info to be had from other people's experiences so I figured I better just join in order to contribute. I love to reload and shoot and have caught the distance bug just like so many. I built a 6.5x284 on a savage 116 that started the itch. This year I decided to build a 26 Nosler on a Shilen action. I rebarreled my 6.5x284 to a 6x284 hopefully to be my dedicated coyote killer. Those are my projects. I hail from Belgrade, MT.

Travis

Ed,

I grew up in Great Falls. My folks still live there. I was up last weekend to visit. Graduated from CMR in 1990 and moved down here in 1994. Still love the east slope of the rocky mountain front. Lots of relatives that live around Fairfield and Choteau. Still feel at home when i drive through Cascade and see Crown, Fort Shaw and Square buttes on the horizon. When we were up for spring break we tried to do a little shooting and it was howling. Just about needed a 2' windage hold at 100 yards. lol

Ed,

I grew up in Great Falls. My folks still live there. I was up last weekend to visit. Graduated from CMR in 1990 and moved down here in 1994. Still love the east slope of the rocky mountain front. Lots of relatives that live around Fairfield and Choteau. Still feel at home when i drive through Cascade and see Crown, Fort Shaw and Square buttes on the horizon. When we were up for spring break we tried to do a little shooting and it was howling. Just about needed a 2' windage hold at 100 yards. lol

Yep, I hear you, I love everything about Montana except for the winds.

This was in Cascade in 2015 ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/0g8VvpqdtkQ?t=3[/ame]

Travis, welcome to LRH from North Florida. gun) enjoy yourself here and you Montanian's sure to have some beautiful country, and some wind.

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts