New guy from Central NY

7mmSgt

Hey everyone, My name's Ron I'm 29 from central New York. I've been shooting rifles now for about 18 years, I started out with a 35 whelen in a ruger m77 mkII (not much of a long range weapon in my hands). I always found myself taking my dads 7mm rem mag hunting. I served 5 and a half honorable years in the U.S.Army when my time was up I bought a 7mm of my own a Winchester model 70 a pencil thin barrel couldn't get much over 3000fps out of it but my smith got it to shoot 140 sierras into a best group of .505 and avg. under .75 at 100 yards. Don't really have a range to shoot much over 300 yards but on my uncles farm we can stretch it out to about 500. I don't have much long range experience, but I've got an itch to have a custom rifle made I am thinking a 7mm stw. I am researching builders right now which is what led me to this site, so far I seem to think I'd like it build on a 700 action. Any help or input on a custom builder that works with the 7mm stw would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.