New guy - can't figure out how to PM

Hey all. I'm new to this forum, love all the experience and info here. Been reloading for 5 years or so, getting more into it all the time. Occasionally have time to hunt as well. Live in the SE, so I'm interested mainly in whitetail deer. I have a question for anyone who cares to answer. How in the world do you PM another member? I searched for the answer and didn't find anything. I haven't seen an obvious button anywhere, including on the individual's profile page. Please help. I'm sure it's stupid easy, so I appreciate your time.

Still Learning' - yep, that's me!

First of all I believe you have to have several posts before you have the privilege to PM. I'm not exactly sure how many posts are required. To PM you click on the name in the left side, for example I would click on your user name (Still Learnin) and a box will pop up. In this box you will be a place that reads (start conversation). Click on that and you will be able to message members. Hope that helps. Have a nice day.

Hey all. I'm new to this forum, love all the experience and info here. Been reloading for 5 years or so, getting more into it all the time. Occasionally have time to hunt as well. Live in the SE, so I'm interested mainly in whitetail deer. I have a question for anyone who cares to answer. How in the world do you PM another member? I searched for the answer and didn't find anything. I haven't seen an obvious button anywhere, including on the individual's profile page. Please help. I'm sure it's stupid easy, so I appreciate your time.

Still Learning' - yep, that's me!
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy it! Below is extracted from Andy Backus' old post (it could use updating though, to include addressing the PM permission issue). While it is meant for the Classified sections, it also affects your PM capability/permission until the minimum requirement is satisfied. However, to be safe, exceeding the minimum requirement as others noted above, is a better route.

1671799325834.png

First of all I believe you have to have several posts before you have the privilege to PM. I'm not exactly sure how many posts are required. To PM you click on the name in the left side, for example I would click on your user name (Still Learnin) and a box will pop up. In this box you will be a place that reads (start conversation). Click on that and you will be able to message members. Hope that helps. Have a nice day.
Thanks, sir. That does help. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Welcome to LRH, and enjoy it! Below is extracted from Andy Backus' old post (it could use updating though, to include addressing the PM permission issue). While it is meant for the Classified sections, it also affects your PM capability/permission until the minimum requirement is satisfied. However, to be safe, exceeding the minimum requirement as others noted above, is a better route.

View attachment 421202
That makes sense now. I did see the restriction with regards to classified ads. Did not occur to me that it applied to PMs as well. Cheers and Merry Christmas.