New Gun!!! She's a shooter.

diderr

I just got my new project gun yesterday. It's starting it's life as a FNH Patrol Bolt. I'm impressed thus far on how it shoots. I broke the barrel in today with ammo I had lying around, and components that just happened to be on my bench. I threw together some 180 Sierra Game Kings, and a random charge of Benchmark. I just made sure my charge thrower would be between min and max, and went to town. That load ended up shooting .25" groups consistently at 100 all with an 8 pound trigger. I can't wait to see what it will do with Lapua brass, 175 MK's, and a solid weekend of load development.
I have my McMillan a-5. I just need to get it inletted, pillar bedded, and glass bedded with Devcon. I'm also going to get the trigger tuned down to a pound or so, and throw in a Tubb firing pin. I think this stock barrel will do until I get my Bartlein or Orbermeyer. I've never owned a Winchester bolt gun, and am digging them thus far.:Dgun)
IMG_0797.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.