New from Minnesota

Rum River

I found this site while searching for info on the .257 STW. One of my hunting partners loves the STW line, but doesn't handload. (He has the 7mm STW, and just shoots factory.)

It was a tough decision for me to make, but when he asked if I would do all the load development for his new .257 STW, I thought, "What are friends for?".

Lets see, I get to shoot and break in a new rifle with a hot caliber and I don't have to use any of my own money? Yeah, I guess I could help you out with that.

This looks like a great site on which to discuss some of my prairie dog rifles too.

Rum River

Welcome to the site. I'm next door in WI along with the list owner, Len and a bunch more.
You will find lots of info here and answers will not be sugar coated ;-)
I also have in laws in Danvers and they might know you. While we were on a Carnival cruise in March they had the rum running like a river ;-))

Mike

I've belonged to Isanti County Sportsmans Club for many years. Have shot trap and pistol league there.

We own 80 acres, and have berms at 25, 100, 200, 300 & 400 yards. It's kind of a pain though, I have to walk all the way across the backyard to the benches. :D:D

Did you grow up in the area? I graduated from Cambridge HS class of 1979. Boy that made me feel old. Which direction out of town is your property?
I shoot mostly at beaver brook. I'm waiting for my first long range rifle to be built. It's a 338rum built by defensive edge. Hope to have it by the end of summer.

I just joined LRH, live north of Grands Rapids, MN, and am looking for places to shoot beyond 600. I'm aware of the 1000 yard range in Harris, MN but am curious if there are any options a little further north and west. (Incidentally, if there are any members of the Gopher Rifle & Revolver club that might be willing to sponsor my membership there, my dad and I would be most grateful!)

Lastly, does anyone know of public land that's suitable for long range target practice in ND, SD, or MN? I know in AZ it's fairly common for people to find a place to shoot safely in the open desert. Anything like that available in the upper midwest?

Thanks!

LTCPaladin: Yes, we had a pretty hard winter but, from my layman's perspective (no scientific studies), the long months of snow and ice didn't set the deer population back much, if at all. I live about 100 miles NE of Huntersville and counted 13 grazing in a field near my house just three days ago; several young ones. I only have three MN summers to compare but this year shows at least as much activity as last year.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.