New build what's your good and bad thoughts?

I shoot my AR-10 with a 26" Krieger chambered in 6.5 creedmoor at 1000yds all the time. My buddy has a Larue in 308 20" I think, it has no issue getting to a grand either.

I shoot my AR-10 with a 26" Krieger chambered in 6.5 creedmoor at 1000yds all the time. My buddy has a Larue in 308 20" I think, it has no issue getting to a grand either.

That's good to hear Kansas, I almost built a 6.5 CM upper but I had just
Bought the Ruger Precision in 6.5. I might still do another upper later in the 6.5. I know I can't wait till the end of February when it is supposed to be done.

Finally got my email saying my upper was being shipped back from Krieger and should be here Wednesday!!! Can't wait for some nice weather to give it a try!

If you're planning on competing with it then figure out your brass catcher situation and figure out what it does when it's full of dirt. For triggers, I'm a fan of Timney in the AR platform. TTAG did a whole review of triggers for the AR platform. The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns

i'm with BG....i have a timney in my LR308 and love it. very light and crisp. it's probably my favorite AR trigger and i have a POF, the RRA 2 stage, ALG and a geisele SSA in other AR's to compare it to. not a fan of the 2 stage triggers in a precision gun.

i used a matched aero M5 set for my build. it really sucks that the 308 AR market isnt standardized like the Ar15.

i topped mine with a vortex 2.5-10 mil/mil in a PEPR mount. cheek weld on an A2 is perfect.

i'd get an adjustable block if you can, i dont remember what your OP said. get a decent buffer as well. an LR308 can be very painful to shoot if the gas system isnt tuned correctly.

that's all i can think of, just go out and enjoy it. there's something about being able to mag dump 20 rounds of 308 that gets me slightly aroused.

IMG_0832 2.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0830 2.jpg

Its coming together, Ordered my trigger and the rest of the small lower parts I need to finish it. Ended up going with Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced trigger. Just need another Atlas bi pod and to save for another NightForce.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts