New Barnes MRX

magicofmt

Looks like a great new bullet but sold in 20 packs??? That tungsten must really make it expensive, anyone heard?

Magicofmt, As you can see from the ads, Federal/ATK has gotten involved in the MRX. I assume that Barnes is actually making the bullet, but advertising has said different?? I think that the bullet is very technical in its building and has added cost. Also, what will the market bear comes into play. The Speer African GrandSlam also has a tungsten base.

I honestly cannot see these bullets being very accurate. The construction seems very similar as the partition which is known for off axis alignment issues with the rear core. Seems to me Barnes will have the same problems. Anyway they must be really good if they are getting a dollar per bullet. I thought the TSX were expensive. Guess we will have to wait and see. Anyone shot some yet?

Lance

All the reviews show them shooting as good as the TSX. Rear base of tungsten is a powdered metal technology, new to bullet making . They say it allows Barnes to control amount, balance, etc. BC is slightly higher than TSX due to the polymer tip. Overall length is the same, shorter heavier bullet with a tip sticking out the front. Bullets should be out this spring. So far, samples have only gone out to the press.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.