New 7stw brotherhood member!!!!!!!!

darrindlh

Hello guys well I am a new 7stw brotherhood member. I believe I have my dream rifle. Back in 1989 my uncle read an article in shooting times western abiut a new 7 mm stw. In the article Layne Simpson says that the easiest way to get into a 7stw is to purchase a ruger no 1 and rechamber with a stw reamer. So that is what he did. Well , I finally have this rifle in my possession and this is gong to be my longrange hunting rifle. This trod consistently shoots .5-.75 every time to the range. I have from my uncle 130 rounds of brass and bullets to reload. It shoots the 154 interbonds and the 140 accubonds and the 150 barnes ttsx really good. So I'm probably going to stay with one of them. What do y'all shoot in yours? Well here she is
image.jpg

What do you guys think??

Darrin

nice #1!! I've got one of the #1 sporters in 338 and she shoots like you describe your stw shooting. I shoot the 140 accubond and rl25 lit by a 215 in my rifle.

Welcome to the club. That is a nice #1 that you have. It sounds like it has great history too, something to pass down in the family.

I also have a #1, but it is one of the factory stainless rifles. Mine likes the Federal 150 gr. Trophy Bonded loads from a few years back. I have a few boxes of these, so good for now. I get just under an inch at 100 yards with them.

For yours, you have 3 good bullets to use there. All will get the job done on just about anything you can hunt with the stw.

Thanks guys , yeah she is a beauty. And for sure keep her in the family. Lefty I have a question for you. How does the 140 accubond do on elk? I mean in my opinion 3400 fps will rock there world? What do you think

Thanks guys , yeah she is a beauty. And for sure keep her in the family. Lefty I have a question for you. How does the 140 accubond do on elk? I mean in my opinion 3400 fps will rock there world? What do you think
I'm idling my rifle at 3200-3300 fps at present as she shoots well that way. That said, the 140 accubond bang-flopped a 5x7 mule deer buck for me at nearly 500 yards this year. I haven't put the rifle up against elk as I'm in deer country here.

The thread on the buck I got...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f126/fed-beast-124280/

Welcome to the brotherhood and nice rig.

The interbond is a great bullet. You might want to also try the 160gr Accubond. Normally anything that will shoot one of them well will shoot the other very well too and it does have a higher BC.

Performance wise they are very similarly constructed though, so you'll see little difference between them on game.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.