New 338 Lapua

Hard Head

Well my New old .338 Lapua is gone,have no idea what was wrong with it ,after doing some serious reading there is not a hill of beans difference from a 24 to 30 " barel when it comes to velocity. I even took the break off to see if it made a difference,nope!! Just one hell of a increase in jet recoil.its gone. Now some might question my sanity but I traded it for a Savage 110 Precision with 24" and a break. My question is this its 5# lighter which is a blessing but,would you leave the factory break on or put my EC Tuner from the old, Pete

kip
Well my New old .338 Lapua is gone,have no idea what was wrong with it ,after doing some serious reading there is not a hill of beans difference from a 24 to 30 " barel when it comes to velocity. I even took the break off to see if it made a difference,nope!! Just one hell of a increase in jet recoil.its gone. Now some might question my sanity but I traded it for a Savage 110 Precision with 24" and a break. My question is this its 5# lighter which is a blessing but,would you leave the factory break on or put my EC Tuner from the old, Pete
Is it the tuner brake or just a tuner?

I think you will want some brake on a .338.

I Like the tuner and brake combo if you have it.

otherwise at least the brake.

Yes I kept the EC Tuner from my Elite Precision that I could not get to shoot,I did try it without the Tuner on and there is a lot of recoil,won't hurt ya unless you are not ready for itr,and even at almost 18#s there was a lot there. It was a beautiful rifle used up about $250 with bullets a new scope and mounts ,rings ,I was done with the LADY could not trust my judgment anymore so she's gone and going to work with the new one,Pete