Minox scope for a new .338 Lapua

Bully

I lost my mind today and bought a new savage 110 with the HS precision stock in 338 lapua mag. I was thinking about a Minox scope. Can anyone give me any info? Or should go with a vortex?

I lost my mind today and bought a new savage 110 with the HS precision stock in 338 lapua mag. I was thinking about a Minox scope. Can anyone give me any info? Or should go with a vortex?
I'm not much of a fan of going with anything new in the optics dept but the Minox scopes have gotten very good reviews.

Me, I'd save my money and at least go with a good Leupold or Zeiss conquest.

When it comes to glass always go with the best you can possibly afford, and when choosing between higher magnification and larger objective diameter I always go for the larger objective because of the better light gathering characteristics. They can extend your shooting times by enough to make a real difference on a once in a life time shot.

As for magnification, I'd say if you intend on going beyond 600yds, the minimum you want to go with is 14x.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts