New 22 dasher 100 Wildcat Range report

reed mosser

I've been playing with my 22 dasher 6.5 twist 3 groove 28 inch tube lately and finally have it figured out. I was shooting very slow powder because I thought I had pressure and was getting max velcioty at 2900 FPS. I started get some flyers after about a 100 rounds and lots of carbon. so back to the drawing board. I started at the slowest powder and worked my way down the powder burn rate chart. tried 7828ssc and still got groups with unexpected flyers. So I tried some ramshot hunter inbetween 4350 and Rl 19. any ways with 35.0 grains rem 7.5 primer i'm gettin 3000 fps with extreme spread of 15 fps. Little carbon no real pressure. I took it up to 36.5 grains but not as accurate. It is shooting consistantly very accurate under .25 moa and up with operator error /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just wanted to post my results because I was wrong about the slow powder and didn't want to mislead anyone who read my previous post. A few members here and on 6br told me to use faster powders and I was stubborn to try. I just wanted to put this post out there to inform them that they were right. The dasher is working better than expected 3000 fps excellent b.c, low extreme spread, and effcient. Thanks to all who replied before

What bc are you using for your drops? Just wondering how the 22 using the 100 gr @ 3000 fps compares to the 6 w/the 105 gr bullets.

I'm using a b.c of .7 . I haven't got to shoot it out to a 1000 yet but when I do i'll let you know what I come up with. For comparsion in .224 cal 80 grain B.C of .5 90 grain around .6 so i hope I'm pretty close with .7 I have only shot out to 600 yards so far. I try to get out to 800 this week. These B.C's are what I use on my drop charts thats as technical as it gets for me.

[ QUOTE ]
These B.C's are what I use on my drop charts thats as technical as it gets for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. The way I see it, that's the only one that matters anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.