Nevada Elk

muleman1953

I drew a Nov. 6-20 Elk tag in Unit 131,132 & southern 108. I could use any advice or help on these units about anything. Probably my only hunt in Nevada as I'm 62 now & my Mules aren't getting any younger either.
Thank You,
Wayne

RECOMMENDED HUNTING AREAS: The majority of elk are distributed throughout Unit 131 from Little Antelope Summit in the north to Currant Summit in the south. Elk may cross Highway 6 near Currant Summit into Unit 132 after the rut. Elk are also located in unit 132 in the Timber Mountain to Horse Spring Hills. Elk are generally in the higher elevations in the summer and fall and move to lower elevations above Jakes and Railroad Valleys during winter. Bulls will usually be with cows during the September breeding season and alone or in with other bulls during November. These lone bulls or bull groups will often be in thick tree cover at mid elevations after the rut especially when snow cover can provide water in these usually dry areas.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.