Nevada Area 16

Nvhunter

Hooyah! Drew Mulie in Nevada Area 16 (not the test site) 161-164 early. This is an area I have long wanted to pursue. Lots of range names, Toquima, Monitor, Antelope, Park, Hot Creek, Needle and Pancake ranges are all in this region.

I'll begin scouting late June. If any of you have information to swap, let me know. I previously covered areas 14 and 10 and know good stratiges for these areas. I hunt the highlands. 8000ft and above.

In addition, any information on the Forest Service Pine Creek Camp, or any other camps road conditions, locations etc would be appreciated.

Hooyah! Drew Mulie in Nevada Area 16 (not the test site) 161-164 early. This is an area I have long wanted to pursue. Lots of range names, Toquima, Monitor, Antelope, Park, Hot Creek, Needle and Pancake ranges are all in this region.

I'll begin scouting late June. If any of you have information to swap, let me know. I previously covered areas 14 and 10 and know good stratiges for these areas. I hunt the highlands. 8000ft and above.

In addition, any information on the Forest Service Pine Creek Camp, or any other camps road conditions, locations etc would be appreciated.

I have friends that do pretty well in Butler Basin north of the wilderness area. Hot Creek down on the southwest is consistently has decent bucks. If you backpack or have horses head up to Table mountain.

I used to hike Table mountian all the time when I was a kid growing up in Tonopah.

Geargrinder,

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into Butler Basin. I don't (can't afford) horses. But, I should have enough time to be out all season - 2 weeks. I have a good pack and intend to hike in deep. I've been looking at Table mountain and Monitor range. Table Mountain looks promising, has a HUGE deer herd , but also draws a lot of hunters. I wonder how many hunters go really deep in that region... I'll have to make a trip up there soon. I'm looking forward to the stream fishing, Grouse and rabbit also.

Don't forget to take in a soak or two at Spencers. :)

11610379.jpg

There you go. An authentic Nevada Hot Tub! Nothing like it after all day on the trail.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.