Need some mag help!

Lonewolf74

Alright I'm still in the process of putting all the parts tgthr for my build and on the way I sort of changed my mind on bottom metal, originally wanting bdl, now thinking m5 det mag type.

Anyway what I'm after, does anyone have the OUTSIDE and INSIDE length of the AICS cip mag and the long Accurate Mag (listed as 3.85 but I believe that's outside length and not coal capacity)?

Next question is if anyone knows if both these mags will work with APA cip length bottom metal?

Really what I want to use is the Accurate Mag with the APA bottom metal and be able to run a coal 3.75+ and everything should be beautiful. So anyone know if this setup will jive?

Thanks for any help
Josh

Last edited:
I should add that I'm building a 338 Norma mag so I'm looking at the Lapua magazines.
I want to use the Accurate Mag setup because they offer it in a 3 round configuration which would be ideal for hunting. I also want the APA bottom metal for the same reason, no lever sticking out to snag on stuff, so it should hunt good.

Thanks again guy's.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts