Need some help

James Lilley

I normally carry a Glock but finally decided to purchase a Taurus Duo tone PT-1911. I have purchased twice now 2 sets of bushings to cut down on the slam inside of my firearm from the guide rod. The first set melted. The second set were blue and looked like Wilson's but the center hole is sloppy. Does anyone know where I can purchase some shock buffers to fit the exact diameter of my guide rod for my .45 Cal PT-100 Taurus ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Len have always enjoyed the site, the stories and info . On disability and pretty messed up. Hell 59 still paying on school loans and with a past broken neck, 6 rods in back, 2 strokes a new one last week, and 6 heart attacks don't think i will be affording a hunting trip in my near future LOL. Hey I love my country, served my country as a Viet Nam era vet so hey life is ok. thanks to all if anyone can let me know about the the buffers would be greatfh, sincerely James [email protected]

Sorry I have no recommendations to offer. I just want to thank you for your military service to our great nation.

I came from generations of military family and like you, it was our great honor to have the opportunity to serve. I retired from USAF in 2007 (but still works for the Dept of the AF as a civil service) and a week later, my oldest son went to USAFA; he's now a Capt with the Spec OPs at Hurlburt Fields. My youngest will be joining the USMC in Dec 2016.

God bless!

Ed

Thanks so much. I wasn't a hero, but did some time in SE Asia on a few missions as a door gunner. At time Security police and Rescue was my goal but you know how some times the military has a tendency to put you where they want you, and back in those days your initial contract didn't mean alot. Only thing I regret is 2 wks after discharge and being in an accident and breaking my neck set me back for over a year at which time I was in eligible to re enlist and found out had first kid on way. Lost my 4 yrs of full guaranteed full time college, and the USAF should have covered my accident but couldn't get any one to help me. Life has been **** since then LOL. Welcome to America. Now if I had come from another country, and no green card it would have been different. I guess you deal with it as it comes. Please thank all on your end for serving. Have still several members of family still in. One finished West Point who I am really proud of as well as his brother who has done multiple duties in Afghanistan, Iraq, others in Bosnia and such all special forces and my little brother did 20 yrs as a Marine. Thanks again. sincerely James

I'm a recovering 1911 addict. I might be able to help. I'm not familiar with that particular model but if it's close to a regular 1911 then maybe. Can you measure the diameter of the guide rod? I'll then compare that to a few different brands of shock buffs I have on hand.

Thanks much appreciated. I think I need to first fire a bunch of round through gun. It is brand new so hasn't had opportunity to loosen it up yet. Sucks sometimes wish I could get to range but limitation especially lately with back worsening. I could always completely change out the guide rod and spring and find a wilson to work. I always have used the teflon shock buffers that slide into frame on my glocks just for added life protection of weapon from the slide slamming into the frame over a period of time. Being new and one of the 1911's that have an open ended guide rod cap since on cycling the guide rod goes through the cap, it's not sealed like alot of other (something i should have considered) and the fact that getting older it is really tough having to push the guide rod cap in and below the surface to allow the barrel lug to slide into position. Probably the toughest 1911 I have had to work with but it will get better after i fire 3 or 4 hundred rounds through it so no big deal. But hey thanks again. Nice meeting another USAF member. I ended up spending only a brief time in security and then again towards the end of my time. I chose admin when I had the quick chance. Didn't take long to realize a cup of coffee in hand looking out the window when it was 40 below than to be out there on the flight line counting rivets LOL. Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.