Need some help with powder choices/loads in 280 AI with 150gr bullet and a short throat......

OK, I have plenty of H4831 and RL-26. I will try them with the 150gr pills when they arrive. I appreciate the suggestions of a heavier bullet, BUT, having looked at 4 different bullets that I already have on hand in heavier weights, I just cannot accept that kind of case capacity loss that will result from their needed seating depth.

I have 500 of the Sierra tipped Gameking (Gamechanger) on order in 150gr. Why? Why not.... I have Berger 195, 180, 168. I have Nosler ABLR in 175. I have ELD-X bullets of some variant too. And those are just in .284. They were all way too long, except for a random old 140gr Ballistic Tip. For my .264 guns I also have a dizzying array of bullets from Berger, Hornady.

But no Sierra's for a long time. Any other powder suggestions for the 150s are welcome!! Thanks fellas....
I am currently in the exact boat you're in with a saami throated Christensen. My next experiment will be with 145 gr Speer BTs and the RE26.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.