Need some help with a gunsmith.

Firearrow

The gunsmith that I have used in the past has closed up shop and headed for greener pastures. He was the guy everyone went to for remingtons in the greater Sacramento area. So I need a new one. I am looking to finish building up a Long Range Hunting rifle, and I would rather find someone from word of mouth, rather than looking on Google. Doesn't need to be in central CA. Any help is appreciated.

Check out this guy, you won't be sorry you did. Check out his pictures. He is really reasonably priced. cloudpeakgunworks.com.

I think if you do much reading on this site you will find most all the "smiths" that participate on this forum are well respected and do great work. If any of them did bad work you will find that too. But, IMO, just about all of the guys around LRH are very good.

I've bought parts, have builds currently going or acquired information from Shawn Carlock w/Defensive Edge, Kirby Allen W/APS, Kevin Cram W/Montour County Custom Rifles, Travis Redell W/ R Bros Rifles and Jerry W/ J E Customs. These are the guys I've personally dealt with and ALL were great.

I'm sure there are others here that are equally as good but this is my personal list of dealings.

Kevin, like many of the others on this forum, is a great choice. I've talked to Kevin a few times and he is doing a rebarrel/rechamber job for me.

You won't regret going with Kevin. His builds are top notch and he is a stand up guy. He does all my work and was never disapointed.

Here are a few on my good guy list:
Kirby Allen, Allen Precision Shooting
Nate Dagley, Straight Shot Gunsmithing
Travis Redell, R Bros Rifles
Chad Dixon, LongRifles Inc.

What was the difference in accuracy that you guys have seen from a factory rifle, to a worked over rifle. With all factors being equal, what would you say the differences are at 500 yards? I worked up a load for my current factory remington 700, and will do the same for the new rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.