Need some bottom metal options for deviant tactical short action single shot

rangerdanger

Im working on a deviant tactical short action single shot 6BR 20 inch MTU or heavy varmint barrel. Id like to go with something simple like a manner T3 stock. I dont like the 700 ADL guard becuase it screws into the stock and i couldn't find anything that was held in place by both action screws other than 700 BLD or 40X plate. Are there any chassis or mini chassis options I should be looking at?

Last edited:
rangerdanger,

Several of the chassis manufacturers offer the option of a single shot variation. PDC and Competition Machine (Gary Eliseo) are two right off the bat. Here is a summary of the chassis available from 2016:

2016 Rifle Chassis Buyer's Guide | Tactical Retailer

The chassis' which don't offer a single shot variation will occasionally offer a single shot 'sled' adapter for the magazine well.

You can call Tom Manners to ask about the mini-chassis without the magazine cutout, but you will still have a stock screw and a chassis screw for the 'adl' trigger guard since this is the only method of attachment offered.

Mauser and Sako both made single shot bottom plates for their actions and these could be used as a pattern to make one custom for your stock as well.

Nominally, we use the rear action screw, a stock screw and then an action screw further forward using an escutcheon. Here is an article which illustrates this:

http://http://www.6mmbr.com/pillarbedding.html

Regards.

Single screw ADL is the way to go.

Thats what I want but Im not waiting for single shot mcm or man. I hate to put it i a bdl or adl stock or chassis but im not finding many other options for the single shot rifle. Maybe ill just try to find a used bdl or adl stock and wait on a manners.

I really didnt think it would be this hard to find a hunting stock for a single shot rem 700 clone. Id like something like a HS sendero, man eh4 or T3.

I may just go with the repeater.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.