Need rings/mounts help on two rifles!

idfishnhunt

So this is my first post, hopefully I get some great responses being a newb and all !

I just recently purchased this combo. I do know that on both these rifles I need the round recievers because they are both accutriggers.

Nikon Monarch 3-12 SF BDC, and a Savage Weather Warrior Model 16 7mm-08

I'm now looking for rings. I'm leaning towards the Talley Rings, but I am unsure of a few things.

1. Do I need the low or medium mounts?
2. Do I need the regular or extended front?

Also...I have a

Savage Trophy Hunter XP in 7mm-08 that comes with the Nikon 3-9 BDC

that my daughter uses, and thinking of putting these rings on it as well, and I would need the same questions answered.

1. Do I need the low or medium mounts?
2. Do I need the regular or extended front?

I would be very appreciative if anyone could help me out on this, I'd like to make sure and buy the right thing the first time. Thanks so much!

If you are talking about the lightweight talley's, they are pretty nice and I use them on all my rifles. Typically the low will fit up to about a 44mm obj and the med will fit a 50 mm, of course this may change with a 30mm tube and barrel contour. I was able to fit a 50mm obj and 30mm tube into a set of lows on one of my rifles but the barrel is only .60 at the muzzle.

you can always call talley and let them know what you have and what you want to mount and they should be able to help out. They have very good customer service.

gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.