Need real 6mm-06 load data!

Rugerjim

Hey folks, first time poster, long time reloader! My names Jim.
Guys I have finally picked up a 6mm-06, 27" 5R barrel in stainless, 1/14 twist. Based off a howa action. Just beautiful.

I need some real life load data for it, I have searched pretty much most forums and don't really have any definitive answers. Yeah yeah I know use 6-284 loads to start, but, I have some test loads but the range for me is a LONG way away. (Here in Aus using ranges is annoying and costly.) And I'm leaving on a big trip in 2 days... always the way right!?

I'm running 2209 and 2213SC
2209 is the same as H4350 or IMR4350 (Reloader 19)
2213SC is the same as H4831 / Reloader 22 / IMR7828.

I'm running exclusively 70 grain pills for maximum velocity and down range dog exploding action with my NV setup.

I really need some experience with what maximum charges you got to, with either standard or magnum primers. I have loads of both, not sure what to use, I feel like its at the powder limit of a non-mag primer, but just enough to maybe warrant it. Can anyone share some load data?
Thanks.
James.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts