Need Paper Targets for 300, 400, 500, and 600yds Shooting

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by LDHunter, Apr 27, 2014.

1. LDHunter

LDHunter Well-Known Member

My reference line says it all. I finally have a target range on one of my hunting leases that provides me with the opportunity to have some real time medium range testing for some of my rifles and loads.

The only problem is that I am not very familiar with shooting at paper much beyond 200yds. I usually just shot at clays, rocks, prairie dogs, and ground hogs out there.

So.... I know that some of you are going to recommend steel plates but I don't have access to that kind of stuff and need to get started.

Does anyone have any Jpegs I could share and print myself or possibly a place I could buy some paper targets suitable for long range?

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

2. johnnyk

johnnyk Well-Known Member

Try these. The 1 a is what I use for all my 100yd load development. JohnnyK.

Attached Files:

3. WapitiBob

WapitiBob Well-Known Member

Buy one of those wire for sale signs, a roll of kraft paper and painters tape, and a cpl packages of the 1"-2"-3" stick-on dots. They'll give you 1/2 minute feedback at 200/400/600.

4. LDHunter

LDHunter Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys.... Printer is humming in the background and I'll be out at my lease for some more shooting later in the week. :)

5. WillHunt

WillHunt Member

View attachment TargetLongRange.pdf

Hopefully I attached this successfully. I made this target, which I think some of you will find useful, especially if you can print on 11"x17" paper. Your shots can be dropping as much as 12" and you're still on paper. You'll need to rotate the image clockwise 90 degrees for it to make sense.