Need Leica Geovid 10x42 3200.com reviews

oilcan

Looking for input I want to ditch the rangefinder and combine with my binoculars. Cameraland has a really good deal on them right now. I've seen some pop up in the classifieds already and that is a little concerning. Mainly used for Hunting but also some shooting. Currently using Zeiss victory 10x42FL I talked to Doug today he said there shouldn't be any noticeable difference in clarity between the two, so that's good. I need some positive and negative feed back if anyone has been using them.

Thanks
Bruce

I definitely think you will like having range finding binoculars for hunting. I don't think I could go back to having binoculars that I couldn't range with. The Leica 3200's are pretty nice. I've had them the Zeiss victory rf, Swarovski el range and Swarovski with ta. What range finder do you have now?

Right now I'm just using sig BDX2200 so the Leica should be a big upgrade there.
I would love to get the Zeiss RF but I can pickup the Leica for $1100 cheaper right now.

I have a set of the Geovid 2200, which are optically the same as the 3200.com. The .COMs are now a generation behind with the release of the Pros, which is part of the reason you are seeing .coms pop up for sale. The difference between my 2200's and the 3200 is the electronics. The software in the 2200's is legacy tech, but I've had zero issues quickly calibrating my Geovids to line up with my Kestrel Elite as well as numerous other "modern" solvers.

Personally, I don't think $2600 is a very good price on the .coms. Rumor is the 42 objective pros will be released in 2023, and I'd expect .com prices to drop even more. If I were in your shoes, I'd wait a few months to get through some of the upcoming trade shows. Not only will you have a better idea on what companies are planning for 2023, but there are often like new demos that you can pick-up after trade show season.

I have ran the 3200.com since their intro.
Best rf binos out there... except the PRO but I like the size of the 10x42 3200.com's that being said I do like the feature of the new pro's
Leica leads the field in RF tech, when they teamed up with AB and having the tightest and strongest LRF on the market they left the field in the dust!
2023 I feel will be a year to keep your eyes open..

Euler and Elk Hunter that is some great info and advice.
I was worried if I didn't jump on them they would sell out and I would end up paying more down the road.

I definitely think you will like having range finding binoculars for hunting. I don't think I could go back to having binoculars that I couldn't range with. The Leica 3200's are pretty nice. I've had them the Zeiss victory rf, Swarovski el range and Swarovski with ta. What range finder do you have now?
Sent you a pm

I spoke with a rep last week and he mentioned a 42 pro coming out in the next couple months, however Doug had a pair of open box 8x32 pro's that I was talked into and I am glad the rep steered me that way. I have had time to mess with them the last couple days and are really liking them. With Leica going to AB with the pros my decision was to definitely go with the AB software instead of the Leica software in all the prior models.
I have no real experience with the prior models so take my advice with a grain of salt. On paper the size difference may not seem like a lot from the pro 32 to the 3200.com 42, but the 32's in my hand are very compact and feel much smaller than my meopta meostars.