Leica Geovid 3200.com Question

Scouter

If I use a Kestrel and Applied Ballistics for the 3200.com, do I have to be continuously connected to bluetooth or if the bluetooth is not connected will the 3200.com display the last information from the Kestrel the same way it does from the Leica App?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have the Geovid 3200.com and they are amazing. Not sure on the question tho. I bet it would have to be Bluetooth connected just like it does when you are uploading your ballistics drops from the app. The binoculars have their own weather data like temperature and barometric pressure so unless you are trying to take wind readings all the time, I don't see why you'd want a kestrel hooked up. The beauty of having a high end RF binocular like the 3200.com is that you don't need to carry multiple units with you to make a long range shot.

I had some questions when I first got mine and called Leica customer service. They were great at answering everything for me.

I have the Geovid 3200.com and they are amazing. Not sure on the question tho. I bet it would have to be Bluetooth connected just like it does when you are uploading your ballistics drops from the app. The binoculars have their own weather data like temperature and barometric pressure so unless you are trying to take wind readings all the time, I don't see why you'd want a kestrel hooked up. The beauty of having a high end RF binocular like the 3200.com is that you don't need to carry multiple units with you to make a long range shot.

I had some questions when I first got mine and called Leica customer service. They were great at answering everything for me.
I just prefer the applied ballistic app to the leica app. I thought if I needed wind readings, I could use the bluetooth and Kestrel and if i didn't I could just use the applied ballistic app (downloaded from the Kestrel) without wind readings.

I just prefer the applied ballistic app to the leica app. I thought if I needed wind readings, I could use the bluetooth and Kestrel and if i didn't I could just use the applied ballistic app (downloaded from the Kestrel) without wind readings.
The answer from Mr. Boykin at Leica is that it has to have a Bluetooth connection with the Kestrel or the Applied Ballistic program

The answer from Mr. Boykin at Leica is that it has to have a Bluetooth connection with the Kestrel or the Applied Ballistic program

Does the bino automatically account for inclination to target in all readout formats? The manual is pretty sparse, and it's not entirely clear to me. Some of the language seems to indicate that you would get a different ballistics result from the Bino in holdover vs mil clicks for the same target just based on your readout format.

Does the bino automatically account for inclination to target in all readout formats? The manual is pretty sparse, and it's not entirely clear to me. Some of the language seems to indicate that you would get a different ballistics result from the Bino in holdover vs mil clicks for the same target just based on your readout format.
I believe it does account for inclination.