Need help

sveltri

I am almost at my wits end with load development on my gun. Almost regardless of powder, charge, seating depth, and bench support I consistently shoot two touching (or very close and 1 out of the group. Most of them are MOA or sub, but this is driving me nuts. I have been bow hunting for the last 10 years and really only shot a few rounds before season (if I had a rifle tag) and then went hunting. I've killed everything I've shot for the last 10 with a gun. The first two pics below are 59.05 H1000 at likely 6 different seating depths, being new to reloading I was trying to test seating depth based on COAL (I've learned the errors of ways now), the bottom left is 59.5 H1000, middle is 60 H1000, the right is 56.5 RL26 all seated at the same depth. All groups are shot with 156 Berger's gun is a Savage UL 6.5 PRC. I know without a doubt some of this is me, but I doubt I'm exactly 66% right 100% of the time. Any thoughts, suggestions, or questions to help me figure this out?View attachment 258611

The top pics are with bipod and rear bag, bottom left and middle are with a dog gone good bag only, right is DGG front and rear bag.

The pictures didn't upload right, so I can't see what's going on. Are you familiar with what loading the bi pod is? Can you video yourself shooting and post it?

The pictures didn't upload right, so I can't see what's going on. Are you familiar with what loading the bi pod is? Can you video yourself shooting and post it?
I do know what is, however I know I wasn't loading it consistently. The benches I've been shooting on were just flat top concrete not setup for loading a bipod. I'll probably stick to the big heavy front bag and rear bag until I figure out my load. One thing worth noting is that I had horizontal stringing with the bipod and vertical with the bag. Both of which I attribute to me, which is really the advice I'm looking for.

I do know what is, however I know I wasn't loading it consistently. The benches I've been shooting on were just flat top concrete not setup for loading a bipod. I'll probably stick to the big heavy front bag and rear bag until I figure out my load. One thing worth noting is that I had horizontal stringing with the bipod and vertical with the bag. Both of which I attribute to me, which is really the advice I'm looking for.
No problem, pm sent.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.