Need Help with new Browning X Bolt 7mm

Jakes57

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I recently purchased a Browning x bolt long range hunter in 7mag fluted 26 inch barrel with 9.5 twist. I need help on bullet weight and brand. I'm not satisfied with moa. I shot Hornady sst 139 grain and
Remington accutip 150 grains. best I can get is about 3inch moa at 100yrds.
my first shot cold barrel pretty much dead on. 2nd and 3rd shot tend climb about 2inches. not really satisfied at all. Please help. I have a 270 Browning A bolt white gold medallion that will drive tacks.

Jake, welcome to the forum. There are a number of reasons for your accuracy problems. Help the members help you. We need specifics, type of stock, scope, scope mounts, trigger weight, barrel break in, barrel cleaning, do you reload etc.

Jake, welcome to the forum. There are a number of reasons for your accuracy problems. Help the members help you. We need specifics, type of stock, scope, scope mounts, trigger weight, barrel break in, barrel cleaning, do you reload etc.
Thanks for helping me. Browning Duro touch synthetic stock. Scope Mepota Meostar 3x12x56
30mm tube. leopold mounts. stock trigger 3lbs 60 rounds cleaned after 60 rounds.
Do not reload factory ammo

I have an X-Bolt in 300 win mag. I am not impressed at all with the stock looks like it is a step up or equal to a savage stock. I am thinking of having Pendleton Custom Stocks build me a new one. I think it will tighten up the groups. Any opinions on the Browning X-Bolt stocks would be appreciated -- for hunting we hand load.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts