Help! Picatinny rail for Browning A-Bolt

guncrzy

Hey guys...I have been lurking on the site for quite some time now and thought it was time to join. I have a Browning A-bolt in 7mm that I am trying to find a 20moa picatinny rail for. I want a rail that has an integrated recoil lug but cant seem to find one. I have searched the internet for some time and have contacted Badger and Nightforce about their steel rails. Badger does not make one to fit my gun.....nightforce has not replied yet. EGW makes one but it is alumminun and does not have the recoil lug. Warne makes a steel rail and I have contacted them as I cannot find any information if theirs has a recoil lug or not. Any of you guys have a browning a-bolt and what have you used? any suggestions? A nightforce scope with their ultralight rings will be mounted on the rail. Thanks!

I use a Ken Farrell base on mine. It doesn't have a recoil lug but if you call them they can make custom stuff for you. Good stuff and they are easy to work with. I have had good success with their stuff. :)

Thanks for the reply! I am curious as to why recoil lugs on a long action rail isnt the standard? I wonder if I really need a recoil lug? I do have a muzzle break on the rifle but I just want to be sure that the stresses from recoil arent too much for the screws....again thenks for your help.

I don't think you need a recoil lug. I don't have a muzzle brake on mine but maybe I should get one. I use blue loctite on mine and have shot it 100s and 100s of times and it hasn't come loose. I am secure in what I believe. I hope you believe too. It has handled the stresses just fine, my scope has always returned to original poi.

I contacted the company and they can make one with a recoil lug but its gonna cost me 200 bucks. Now I have to make the decision on whether or not I want to spend the extra money to have one custom made for the lug or not haha.....again thanks for the info. You have been very helpful.

That murpheys rail looks pretty! I like how they have the option of titanium. Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know a company that supplies picatinny rails that has a integrated recoil lug for a browning a-bolt? I really dont want to have to pay extra to have one custom made but I want the reassurance of the recoil lug...thanks!

You will be fine without a lug, if my 338-378 and 416 with hundreds of rounds hold up your 7mm will be fine. The Murphy rails are great cant say enough good things.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.