need help with 700P stock

goatboy_k

hello everyone been reading alot but first post here...

i bought a rem 700p in 338LM and have been shooting the rifle this week trying to get used to it but the stock is giving me a hard time.. It has the large palm swell and i cannot seem to get used to it or find a consistant grip that i like.. can't say i have small hands but they are not large either. i normally like a thinner grip on my long guns. Perhaps im just not used to it or i am not using it correctly but i shoot quite a bit and am having trouble getting consistancy with this stock. I am thinking a replacement is in order but i would like to keep the detachable mag system that the rifle came with..

so the question is out of the stocks out there that i could replace this long action with which of the choices has thinner grips.. i would be ok with a vertical style or a "regular" shaped grip as long as it was on the thinner side. I would like my bottom metal to work with what im getting as well..

thanks in advance..

K

thanks guys ill check on those..

NCUB13 - with your manners stock u bought did u just specify the regular 700 bdl mottom metal and reuse your DM system?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.