Need help understanding scope adjustmet

bstomper

I have the basic principals, I think, on scope adjustmet for longer range but have a question. Here's where I need clarification. I have a scope with .25 MOA/click adjustable turrets and my ballistics calculator says to go up 8.62 MOA for a specific distance. Now I can dial the 8.5 in but how do I get the other .12 MOA. Is this where the subtentions in the reticle come into play. Would I dial up 8.5 MOA and use the subtentions to hold the last .12 MOA.

Ignore it or guestimate it on your reticle (if it makes you feel better). In a hunting situation that 1/8moa will mean nothing.

If you're shooting 500yds they 1/8moa is 0.625" again, when you're shooting a basketball sized target 0.6" means nothing. Unless of course the wind is kicking ***** and that 0.6" is added to 13" :D But realistically that wouldn't be an issue, dealing w/ 2diff planes.

Make sure you app has your dial measurement (0.25) in it so you won't get fractional clicks.

Most scopes won't let you dial .12 MOA but there are some scopes with 1/8 MOA which would be close. I just round it up or down depending on where it is. It is so minute most people can't shoot well enough to see the difference at long range anyway.

The scope I use to hunt now has .5 MOA clicks and if my come-up was 8.62 I would just dial 8.5 and bang away.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I guess if I would have actually thought about the 1/8 MOA and what it converts to at differnt ranges, I wouldn't have had to ask the question. My bad. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.