Need help mounting a Zeiss scope

Clay

I want to mount a new Zeiss Diavari VM/V 3-12x56T* with #8 Illuminated reticle 30mm scope to a Rem 700 KS Custom Shop .300 Win Mag rifle.

My problem: What rings & bases do I mount the scope in? I am willing to buy GOOD rings & bases from Badger Ordnance, Niteforce, Kelby, Jewell, etc. I have 2 sets of standard height Badger Ordnance rings with 1" inserts I picked up, but I know they won't work with the 56mm objective. I also like the Burris Signature Zee rings with live inserts. Have considered Kelby rings w/ Kelby Rem bases and heard or read that Jewell is also coming out with live center rings.

HELP!!! I want to mount this scope securely and without making ring marks on it, if possible. I have lapped Leupold & Ruger rings before and I have Sinclair & Russ Haydon ring lapping kits, so if necessary, lapping is no big deal.

All input is appreciated.

Regards,
Clay

Ian M

I have a 3-12 VMV Zeiss scope mounted on a custom built short-action Rem. 700 in standard height Badgers on a Near base and it fits fine. Not a lot of space at the front-end but I can still put on the factory covers. I prefer to use a Scopecoat on it, much better protection than the factory lens covers.
Might be worth trying your rings, don't forget the rail style base lifts the rings up a fair bit. The Badger 20moa base should work.
I am confident that you could also use other mounts but doubt if they would be as strong.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce