Need help finding value of some scopes

They're probably worth $50 to $70 maximum apiece from an ignorant unsuspecting victim maybe even $100. They are definitely fakes made in China.

If you sell them and try to pass them off as originals for what the real ones are worth, the buyers will probably want to hunt you down after the sale.

Well for what its worth, China has even hacked Leupold. First always be honest and disclose the facts and let they buyer offer. I bought an eotech tactical for an AR off eBay being sold as eotech, it came with hard plastic labeled perfectly container/box. ahhhhhhh I've been had,,, upon research and looking for the signs, is was faqu...... I never mounted it nor sent it back. I found and its still for sale btw, a legit 4x12 non ao German made Zeiss close by for $250, online reviews from owners say it cant be used on 12 power at 50 yards, its blurry hence the price. If you dont just park it on a shelf you could sell it on ebay as a replica.

Last edited:
I have several, "assembled" in the U.S. I really like them. They were in my budget when I bought them. They are all in Magnum rifles. I have no idea what the values today are. I know the current generation is made in china.
I hadn't realized or known the current generation of Zeiss scopes were made in China I thought only their binoculars were made in China with their short term warranties. Interesting to know.

I believe the Zeiss "Terra" scopes were made in China, but I don't see too many of them for sale anymore. I have a Conquest on a TC Venture 30/06, and it reads "Assembled in the US". I bought it from Cabelas about 10 years ago, and it still tracks and holds it's zero. Can't offer any suggestions about confirming if they are genuine or counterfeit other than call Zeiss and give them the serial number.

Please do any info would be great!
With high quality scopes when you focus the scope on an image, the clarity of the image in the centre of the lens is the same clarity the as at the outer edges of the lens.What a lot of manufactures of cheap scopes do is place chevrons and hold over points and bits of crap within the reticle around the outside edges of the lens to try to cover the fact the image is out of focus.The scope with Carl Zeiss printed on it is fake,Karl is spelt with a K in German as far as I know Hope this helps

Don't sell them as fakes. Disclose exactly what they are and let buyer make offer and call it a day. Good luck.

I hadn't realized or known the current generation of Zeiss scopes were made in China I thought only their binoculars were made in China with their short term warranties. Interesting to know.
I was thinking of the Terra, I don't know about the other models.
I visited China many times, they offer all high end brand names, fake of course. Sometimes the Chinese copy will have options you will not see in the real scope.

You aren't the first to ask here...It would be interesting to know if your example has the "1906" serial number mentioned in the attached thread.

Last edited:
Just email zeiss they will tell you. They normally just need the model and serial. they may ask you to send them in to them. It because they want to see the clones.

With high quality scopes when you focus the scope on an image, the clarity of the image in the centre of the lens is the same clarity the as at the outer edges of the lens.What a lot of manufactures of cheap scopes do is place chevrons and hold over points and bits of crap within the reticle around the outside edges of the lens to try to cover the fact the image is out of focus.The scope with Carl Zeiss printed on it is fake,Karl is spelt with a K in German as far as I know Hope this helps
The company name is Carl Zeiss AG.
IMG_1623.png
Only way to confirm if they're fake is to call or email Zeiss.