Need Help...bottom metal question

bookworm

I have a remington 700 ADL I'm using as a base to start a build. I'm going to go with a hinged floorplate on the new rifle and I'd like some help to determine exactly what I need to get to is all works together right.

The new rifle will be a straight .284 in a long action. I thought I'd simply buy a remington BDL set-up but I've discovered that there are different designators on some of the parts (standard, magnum, 30-06, etc). Can someone help point me in the right direction? I'm assuming I'll need:

- Trigger assembly/hinged floorplate (do I just need a long action here?)
- Magazine Box (which version do I need?)
- Follower (do I need a follower, or can I use my ADL follower...and which version?)
- Follower spring (do I need this or can I use my ADL spring...and which version?)

I don't really understand the differences between the versions that I see when I look on Midway USA, for example. And I may first try to see if anyone on this forum has any for sale...but I want to be sure I'm asking for the right version...if it matters. I understand that I'll need long action on all these, but not sure what else matters.

Thanks for any help!

I went with a Williams steel hinged floor plate and trigger guard, cerakoted it and it is sweet, perfect drop in too.

Dalebow - what did you use for the magazine box, spring, and follower?

The floorplate is pretty straightforward (long or short are only options)...the other parts seem to come in a couple different options for the long action.

Even for a long action there seems to be different followers and boxes. I'm assuming that for a .284 it would take the non-Magnum parts (30-06).

It's not clear to me what is different.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.