need great load for 7x57 remy

In my experience, modern factory USA 7x57's and reamers have a shorter throat than euro chambered 7x57's so yes, stick to 140 weight projectiles.

Around 43 grains of H4350 will work. Try half grain increments up and down on either side for an accurate load, then adjust seating depth.

Try the 140 Barnes off the lands for plains game size animals or the 140 Sierra for deer and smaller.

Many of the heavier bullets with a very high BC such as Berger & some Hornadys & Sierras are very sleek in design with the same bearing surface of a much lighter bullet & offer better down range exterior ballistics as well as terminal performance than their lighter weight counterparts. That's been my experience anyway.
derrickman

In my experience, modern factory USA 7x57's and reamers have a shorter throat than euro chambered 7x57's so yes, stick to 140 weight projectiles.

Around 43 grains of H4350 will work. Try half grain increments up and down on either side for an accurate load, then adjust seating depth.

Try the 140 Barnes off the lands for plains game size animals or the 140 Sierra for deer and smaller.

I will load up 140,150, Nosler Ballistic tip, sst139 sst 154 sst 162 along with bergers

Hey there ron,

Not yet he ordered dies. Will arrive February 3.

Will be at range February 6, cant wait

That was either a couple of weeks ago, or there's a wait time of almost a year on the dies. :) ( I'll assume you meant March.)

I've had good luck with Nosler and Speer data for 7x57. Neither of my 7x57s are what would be considered long-range rifles, but I've had good luck with 120 gr NBTs. I use the 110 gr Speer TNTs for coyotes among other things and 130 gr Hot Cor for general plinking.

Matt

That was either a couple of weeks ago, or there's a wait time of almost a year on the dies. :) ( I'll assume you meant March.)

I've had good luck with Nosler and Speer data for 7x57. Neither of my 7x57s are what would be considered long-range rifles, but I've had good luck with 120 gr NBTs. I use the 110 gr Speer TNTs for coyotes among other things and 130 gr Hot Cor for general plinking.

Matt

Midway had them, he already has shipment confirmation

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.