Need data for 7WSM - IMR7977 and 160gr 0r 175gr ?

Varmint Hunter

As the title says - I'm looking for data on the new Enduron 7977 powder in the 7WSM. I'll be using the 160gr Accubond and 175gr LR-AB bullets.
FWIW - I'll be using Win or Fed cases and Federal 215M primers.

I don't have any specifics to offer for 7977 in 7 WSM.

I have tried to track down information using the Enduron powders in a 325 WSM and have only found that 4451 is recommended in shorter WSM cases, ie the 300 WSM.

Waiting for QuickLoad to update with the Enduron powders and/or for Hodgdon to do some testing in more WSM cases and publish the results.

I spoke with a tech at Hodgdon regarding this and they were not willing to offer much advice at this time.

The IMR 7977 seems to bet a bit faster burning than H1000 which should be just about right for the 7 WSM with heavy bullets. However, I always like to start my load work with data from the manufacturer or other reliable source. I guess I'll put this on hold for a bit while.

OTOH - the 7977 shot very small groups (1.25" @ 300yds) in my 300 RUM with the 200gr Accubonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.