Need advise 6.5 creemoor h4350

I think I'm just going to start from scratch with this powder again. Clean the crap out of everything make sure it's all good then work up again and see if I have the same issue. Bump shoulders back .003 and if issues are still there move on to different powders. I really like the 147gr for the high bc but that might have to change as well.

What is your recipe that got you to 41.0 of H4350 ie brass primer coal #of times brass is loaded.
Peterson brass has much less capacity than others and will show pressure at or below book charges. However, you see this with a chronograph as the velocity runs higher at lower charge weights due to that higher pressure.

What brass are you using? Different brass brands have different capacities. If using hornady that shouldnt be a problem. If using something like adg or Peterson that could be a problem. As said before, scrub that barrel. Especially the throat area. You may have a carbon build up but with only 200 rounds I'd be suprised if there was. A chronograph will tell you better where you're at on the pressure levels.

Same rifle; same bullet; 42.5 H-4350; Starline LRP Brass. Fed match primers No pressure and precise and accurate. Loaded to mag length after starting 0.010 off lands and increasing jump until it was clear the ELD-M does just fine with a running start. CBTO 2.179 " if I remember correctly. 2660 fps at 32 deg. F

You may wanna scrub the neck - throat area for a carbon ring also.
I agree about the carbon ring. I had this problem and my initial indication was difficulty trying to determine CBTO for a new bullet. It took a lot of scrubbing by my gunsmith and then by me to correct the situation.

I just pulled the bullets yet again and am going to clean the case necks and the barrel really good.
He is not talking about the case necks but the barrel for a carbon ring, you will probably have to use an abrasive paste like Isso(just on the throat) as solvents aren't very effective on a hard carbon ring.
CarbonRing2.png

You can use an Isso brush, which are really stiff, designed for this, or some put a little oil and Isso on a tight fitting patch and short stroke the first few inches of the barrel. Most do a good barrel cleaning first then go to work on the ring after letting some solvent soak on it for a while. I'm sure others can chime in what work for them. Lots of threads on the subject. Montana Extreme makes a paste also as does Bore Tech Chameleon.

Two thoughts came to mind. One that cases length to long and jamming bullet at throat, but you checked so not an issue. Second thought is maybe your bullet ogive varies just enough that some get jammed into the lands. I would offer that maybe you could measure some loaded ammo for base to ogive dimensions variation and possibly you could be closer to lands than you thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.