Need advice, 6 BR Bullet.

NamesReed

Hey guys, I've got a 6mm Norma BR, 12 twist, 28 inch barrel in the mail. What is a good 600 yard target bullet (pretty limited as it's a 12 twist)? Ive heard 80 grain berger flat base bullets often work well. But, I havn't been able to find anyone with any experience shooting light bullets very fast at extended ranges. How would a 55 Grain Nosler going 3700 FPS fair at 600 Yards? From what I've gathered, it is very flat shooting, but has a bit more trouble with the wind. Any input?

I've also heard a few say they were able to get 90/95 grain berger VLD's to stabalize, is that possible?

Im at 3100 feet above sea level.

If i have missed anything, just type it below and ill be sure to add it. Thanks guys. :)

EDIT: Obviously im going to have to test a few and find one that works, im just looking for a starting point so I have a good grasp on what to do and where to start

Last edited:
I have a 12 twist 6BR. Part of a set of switch barrel competition rifles. 6BR 7tw, switches to 22-250AI. 6BR 12tw, switches to 17 Remingtom.

I don't believe you will stabilize Berger 87VLD.

I don't believe you will stabilize much over 68 grains. I really like Bart's "Ultra" 68grain FB

As I understand in, the normal game for 12tw 6mm is 100 to 200, group or score matches. What are you going to use it for?

I have a 12 twist 6BR. Part of a set of switch barrel competition rifles. 6BR 7tw, switches to 22-250AI. 6BR 12tw, switches to 17 Remingtom.

I don't believe you will stabilize Berger 87VLD.

I don't believe you will stabilize much over 68 grains. I really like Bart's "Ultra" 68grain FB

As I understand in, the normal game for 12tw 6mm is 100 to 200, group or score matches. What are you going to use it for?

600 YD f-class, and prarie dog killing. I got the barrel for cheap, like really cheap. So I figured I would finally start this project. And yes, I know 12 twist is not ideal, but its what I have.

Do you have any experience with very light bullets at extended ranges?
For some reason, it doesent seem to be a very heavily researched topic. Maybe I'm google retarded.

Try precision ballistics 80grn bt.

At 3100 ASL that could work....

I definitely don't know all the BR specialty bullet makers.

Precision Ballistics looks pretty nice. I'll have to give them a try. Most of my target bullet stock is winding down.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.