• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Need a smooth barrel nut wrench

Have you tried a strap wrench? I've heard of some people having success with them, just an idea if you hadn't already tried it.

The other option would be to destroy the look of your smooth one and get it off with some channel locks, and then replace it with a standard barrel nut.

The wheeler nut wrench I got from opticsplanet came with the standard cogged wrench and a smooth barrel nut wrench as well. Probably just as well order one of those and save yourself the time of hunting for something that not many people give up. I'd be tempted to sale you mine, but as soon as I did, I'd need it or at least that's how it seems to work for me. Just FYI

Use a pipe wrench to get it off. Then replace it with one of the slotted style nuts with a $25 wheeler wrench.

The only smooth wrench I've seen is sold by SSS and the cost was about equal to a Wheeler wrench and several slotted nuts.

I use the ridgid brand strap wrench for mine, just sprikle with a little rosin and it works.