Need 6x47 Lapua load data. First custom rifle

DesertHowler

I now have my first custom rifle nearly complete. It's a 6x47 Lapua, 7.5 twist 26" Krieger light varmint contour on a trued Remington 700. Scope is a 4.5 - 14 Leupold with Hollands ART reticle and zero stop knobs. Stock is a Holland carbon-fiber thumbhole. I'm doing the stock work myself, and just finished the pillar bedding job, my first. Next I'll cut the stock to length, add the recoil pad and do my own desert camo paint job with dura coat. The rifle is chambered for the 105 -115 vld bullets, and I plan to start with the Berger 105 hybrid. I'm looking forward to some long range coyote and wolf hunting. I've passed up shots over 400 yards on both species before, and I'm looking forward to the extra range. Anybody have any load data they care to share? Shopping for powder is frustrating as the shelves around here are empty. On hand, I have IMR 4350, BL-C(2), IMR 4320, Re 10x, H322. Will any of these work for the 6x47L? Still need to get a cleaning rod and bore guide. After that, it's time for some range work.

I have the same barrel on mine and I'm shooting the 105 Berger vld with 37.5 grains of H4350. It's a tack driver. I need to play with it some more to try to get some more speed. I think I can go up quite a bit. I'm going to try the hybrids too. It's an awesome round. You will enjoy it.

My 6x47 loves 105 hunting Bergers 39.7 gr, H4350 my barrel is 28" Bartlien 1:8 twist. I think this is a really good choice for longrange dogs. I'm seeing alot of interest in the 20x47 with the coyote hunters also.

Good luck with your new custom.

Thanks for the responses guys! Sounds like I need to find out where I can get on a waiting list for H4350. Checked a couple more local places today. No H4350 to be had. How long is the powder shortage going to last? A year? Two years? Gah!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.